Enriched History
 
 
 
Established in 1886 just as a reading room got a name & fame "Ganesh Wachanalaya" in 1901. In Pre-Independence Era it faced the toughest time during "Hyderabad Muktisangram" each of the director was either arrested or was underground. After the demise of Lokmanya Tilak it was really rejuvenated as Adv. Mukundrao Pedgaonkar donated his building in 1935. Till 1956 it was in the hands of Keshavrao Patki & in 1964 got registered with Maharashtra Government with B Grade & with sheer efforts of Hon. Ramarao Lonikar & Ganpatrao Pedgaonkar could get a 9168 sq.ft plot in 'Prime Locality' In 1980 Frash Body of Dirctors handed over the charge to Padmakar Pedgaonkar & as a result of it he secured Dist. A grade for Wachanalaya giving a new direction. Further due to extended hend of support from Diwakar Ravteji & Dr.Maslekar today wachanalaya is standing on 2800 sq.Ft. land with a modern amenity building.
 
Members
 
Kishanrao Umrikar Dr.Narayan Pathrikar Sakharam Pedgaonkar
     
Founders
 
Keshavrao Patki Govindrao Nanal Madhavrao Mulavekar Shrinivasrao Borikar
 
MARATHI LANGUAGE, CULTURE & LITERATIRE WERE KEPT ALIVE DURING NIZAM REGIME!
 
 

 

Home